Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Skinny Since Post-Op

I'm feeling MUCH better. I've been up and around since right after my surgery...they had me up and walking 4 hrs after surgery. Yesterday was a better day than the day before...I finally got to eat something other than broth and jello. I had an egg...and I don't really like eggs that much, but at least it was something different. I took out my pain ball this morning...the Marcaine was almost out & I'm tired of carrying it around. The scale says I'm down to 313...that's 14 lbs since before I went into the hospital, 22 lbs after surgery (and all of the fluids) and 29 lbs since I began this journey! Guess I'm doing well. Also, I just seem to be moving better and I haven't even taken my lortab yet this morning! I got on the elliptical day before yesterday and walked for 3 minutes. Today I will walk on it for more than 5 minutes, in addition to the other walking I will do.

I just don't see the loss when I look in the mirror. Perhaps in another week!

No comments: