Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dr. Appointments, Errands, and Exercise

Monday started out as a really great day. My sister stayed with me and helped me get to my Dr. appointments. I started out on the elliptical machine. I was able to go 15 minutes! Our first stop was to my surgeon's office to check my incisions. All are OK and off we go to find a plus-sized resale shop. Found it, but it's closed. Guess what's next door, a Great Harvest Bread Company. My sister decides she needs to go in there and get some bread. I decided to go to and buy something for the kids. Boy, did that take resolve!!! We ended up at Pappadeaux for lunch. Lunch consisted of a part of a cup of lobster bisque. One word for that: YUM! After the quick lunch we headed to the Hematologist's office. My iron is still low but better than before I had my surgery. I had to have another iron infusion. The nurse who tried to do my IV missed the vein the first time. She had to look for another vein and still didn't do a great job. Boy, that infusion hurt. I have a huge bruise the size of an old silver dollar to show for it. Gonna have to ask for a different nurse next time. That lady wasn't very good at sticks!

Tuesday started out as a fair day. The weather was yucky and I was feeling a little nauseated. I still hopped on the elliptical. Twenty minutes on the elliptical today! I felt a little better when I was done. Our only real stop today was going to be going to the salon. The roots were getting a little long and I needed to feel like a new woman. We needed to go see Big Daddy at the store so we stopped real quick at Lowe's and picked up some stuff. The next stop was to the bookstore for some books and then the salon. Mom enjoyed her chicken salad sandwich while I experienced a transformation. The last stop for the day was at World Market. We decided to pick up my younger child and head home. Forgetting that I needed to sign paperwork for the taxes, I received a call from Big Daddy to meet him at the tax preparer's office. By this time I'm so tired I could cry. However, it still had to be done. Over an hour later I'm finally on my way home. Needless to say, it was an early evening.

Today was the first day I could roll over in the bed with very minimal pain. I had managed to sleep all night and felt pretty good this morning! The scale this morning read 305! Guess I'm doing something right! Back on the elliptical. Today I decided to up the ante...25 minutes! I breezed right through it! Our only plan for today was to go to lunch with my sister downtown. We met her near her building and walked to Landry's. It was a nice walk...and more exercise! Today was a beautiful day. We dined on the Riverwalk and watched the tourists go by. Because my mom has never experienced the madness that surrounds "Fiesta" in San Antonio, I decided we needed to make a stop at the Official Fiesta store. For those who are unfamiliar with Fiesta it is similar to Mardi Gras but is more family friendly. We purchased a few items and I then directed her to my favorite place to get a pinata and some tissue paper flowers to update my Fiesta wreath. It was a great outing today. I needed a nap when we got home. Thankfully I was able to catch a short but energizing nap.

Tomorrow my mom will return home. "Nanny McPhee" has decided her work here is done. Big Daddy is off from work tomorrow he has the privilege of driving the Boss Lady to her first post-op appointment with the surgeon. He says the only other errand we have to run tomorrow is to pick up some hunting gear for him. I'm anxiously awaiting the release from the doc so I can start driving my new car again. I am also ready to go back to work on Friday. It should be a relatively slow day in the office and will allow me the opportunity to catch up on my paperwork.

Guess I need to turn in for the evening. Hope y'all are having a great day! See ya on the flip side--The Boss Lady.

No comments: