Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ups and Downs

Wow, I knew it had been awhile since I had blogged last, but didn't realize it had been this long. We have had a very bumpy past two weeks. My husband and I both lost our grandmothers within two days of each other. I won't bore you with the stress we've been through, however, just know things have been really crazy. Also during this time, I seemed to have hit a plateau. I wasn't really eating anything I wasn't supposed to, nor was I over eating...and I was still exercising. However, for some reason the scale just wouldn't take that last jump to leave the 300's behind. I asked a friend from another board about my stall and she told me to hang in there, that stress can also help you stall out.

Well, the good news is that not only am I still exercising on the elliptical machine everyday, I am finally below 300 pounds! Now, to map out how much weight I've actually lost this far, let's take a look at where I've come from:

Weight at my first appointment with the surgeon: 342
Presurgical appointment weight: 327
Post surgical weight (full of fluids): 335
Current weight: 295


Just so I can really see it, that means I've lost 47 pounds since I started the journey, or 32 pounds from presurgical weight, or 40 pounds since my release from the hospital! Yea ME!

I also want to add a new picture to the blog tonight. This was taken this past weekend while we were out of town...Me, finally out of the 300's!




I think it will be interesting as I continue to lose weight to look back on this picture and think "...and I thought that was a good picture of me...look at me now!" Hang in there pardners! We're in for a long ride. See ya in two shakes of a lamb's tail. ~Boss Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! You are looking so great!! Love you guys!!
Andrea