Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Kids and the Slowly Shrinking BMI

Our kids are out of town this week and it has given me more time to think about not eating on a schedule. I came home from work to day and had the opportunity for a 45 minute nap. After that I had the "luxury" of cleaning all of the stuff out of my car so I can get a new one in a few days. This was not one of my favorite things to do (cleaning) but I did it anyway. While I was cleaning (without interruptions) I had the opportunity to reflect on the lack of time I have given toward thinking about food or eating in general. As I worked I realized I was not hungry, even though it had been nearly 8 hrs. since my last meal. I guess with the kids being gone I didn't feel the need to come home and begin a meal; nor did I feel the need to come home and feed myself just because I was home. Guess I'm changing *me* after all. I decided I needed a trip to the kitchen for a glass of water and a "checkin" with the scales.

Wow! I haven't been near the scales in a few days and I decided to weigh in tonight. Imagine my surprise when the scales read 318 pounds. I had to weigh two other times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke! I hit my program button on the scale to check my BMI and found out that I had gone under my BMI of 50+ to 49.8! Yea! This was one of my goals I wanted to accomplish before I had surgery.

Speaking of surgery, I called the insurance again today to check on my status with the request for surgery. I was told that the request had been received but there was still no answer and to try back in 14 days. Yeah, whatever! I'll try back in a couple of days. I guess you could say I'm on a Monday-Wednesday-Friday calling schedule with them until they give me the answer I want. Hopefully I'll have more decisive news on Wednesday!

No comments: