Sunday, March 18, 2007

Oil, That is...Black Gold, Texas "T"

As I was leaving town on Friday night I received a call from the surgeon's office that they were ready to schedule my surgery. I can't believe it! Can it really be happening? She said the earliest available surgery date is April 9th. Yes, Easter Monday. However, the kicker is that it will not be at the hospital where I was initially told it will be. I will have the surgery at a hospital about 25 minutes from the house. I could wait and have it a different hospital but at this point I want to get the surgery over with. I have plans this summer!

On Saturday the surgeon's office called again. A bad mobile phone connection in the black hole around my mom's house meant she had to leave a message on our home phone. Although the next message was equally as cryptic, there was something stated about needing an "approval letter" for the hospital where they have scheduled the surgery. Hopefully this will not be a roadblock to the surgery...maybe it's just a minute detour as I'm pretty sure that the hospital is in our insurance network.

Today is my birthday and I guess you could say that I've gotten everything I've ever wanted...bypass included! I am so thankful for all of my friends who are supporting me at this time. Most importantly, I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who replied, "You're already my trophy wife," today during a conversation about the future. I have definitely struck it rich!

No comments: