Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Update on the surgery

I went to the doctor last week. I had lost 2 and a half pounds. I could have probably lost more but kind of lost myself in food while Big Daddy was in the hospital. As I finished with my appointment, I asked for copies of my records for my visits during the "medically supervised diet and weight loss program" that I have been completing with my PCP. I decided to take a chance and run them by the surgeon's office (to drop them off) to my patient advocate. Luckily, she was there.

As we reviewed my chart, Grace said she thinks I might have all of the work done that is needed to submit my claim! Wow! Can it be true? Am I that close to having the surgery? She explained the process that would happen next and gave me a sembalance of a timeline. I began calling the insurance the next day...to see if they had "received" my file and if it was in "review.''

I have called the insurance agency over the past few days and they still do not have the claim. I called Grace yesterday, who is so extremely patient with my pushiness, and she reported that the insurance folks at the surgeon's office still had my file and were writing the letter of "Medical Necessity" to send in with my "Preauthorization." I called again this morning as Grace has advised that the "Squeaky wheel gets the grease..." and they still don't have the claim. I'm sure they'll have it tomorrow. Before I hung up with the claim processor I told her, "I guess I'll be talking to you tomorrow..." She just chuckled...guess she's been there before.

No comments: